Hľadáme posilu do tímu na pozíciu Freshwater Project Manager
The position reports to WWF Slovakia director and is based in Bratislava.
Your duties will include:
- develop and represent the position of WWF Slovakia regarding the improvement of water management and water-related investments, including identification of key biodiversity areas, proposal for ecological safeguards and biomonitoring;
- identify potential restoration and/or pilot sites for the preservation of the riverine ecosystems and demonstration of ecosystem services;
- establish a network with local communities and stakeholders, identify, demonstrate and promote the socio-economic benefits of pilot rivers;
- support the proper implementation of the Water Framework Directive in Slovakia, advocate and influence river basin management plans in order to achieve a better status of water bodies;
- advocate and lobby against harmful infrastructure developments and water regulation measures;
- manage relevant national and international projects including technical implementation, partnership management, administration and reporting;
- represent WWF Slovakia and its conservation position at various meetings, conferences, public events and in media.
- contribute to policy work at national and EU level for improving the Water Legislation and harmonising WFD with other relevant directives (Flood Dir., Bird & Habitat Dir.);
- contribute to the development and implementation of freshwater communication;
- contribute with expertise to the management of individual legal cases against harmful projects along Slovakian rivers and water bodies;
- develop project proposals with international partners and search proactively for funding opportunities.
We expect from you:
- Corresponding university degree or post-graduate degree (nature/environmental sciences or related technical/engineering fields).
- Minimum expertise in the field of freshwater, water management, including nature based adaptation solutions. Policy expertise is an asset.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- General understanding of environmental challenges (and the related socio-economic aspects), system-like thinking.
- Expertise in development and implementation of field or communication projects along large rivers is an asset.
- Experience in national implementation of EU water policy, development and implementation of EU environmental projects is an asset.
- Experience in public campaigning is an asset.
- Good networking and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with diverse stakeholders.
- Fluent Slovak and English.
- Proactive attitude; self-starter, quick learner and good team player.
- Ability to work with the national and international WWF team, as well as independently.
- Project management skills: timely implementation, ability to plan and coordinate diverse parallel activities with several participants, accurate administration.
- Passion and commitment to WWF’s environmental mission.
We are offering:
- Opportunity to make a difference - for Slovakia and for WWF;
- Challenging and fulfilling activities in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions as part of the largest conservation NGO network of the world;
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context and a great learning environment;
- Varying tasks and independent work style;
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment;
- A competitive salary according to NGO standards.
You can find detailed information in the ToR.