WWF Slovensko hľadá F&A manažéra/manažérku
Finance and Administration Manager
WWF is the world's largest conservation organization, founded in 1961. We’re active in over 100 countries and have over 7700 employees. WWF Central and Eastern Europe is responsible for leading and to a significant extent implementing WWF’s efforts to preserve, restore and sustainably manage the natural values of the Danube-Carpathian ecoregion, which we also call the Green Heart of Europe. With a team of 160 highly specialised professionals, we are working across political borders through an ecoregional approach based on model projects, influencing policy, networking, capacity building, communication and crisis response.
WWF-Slovakia is engaged with protected territories and habitat of Europe-wide importance, forest and freshwater conservation, sustainable development of rural regions and climate change.
Job description, responsibilities and duties
Our Finance team is currently looking for a Finance and Administration Manager who will have the overall responsibility for the management of financial and accounting activities, supervision of HR activities, coordinating the work of the Finance and Administration team, supervision of the general operations of WWF-Slovakia.
The role is part of the Leadership team of the organization.
Place of work
Bratislava - Staré mesto
full-time / part-time
From 2500 EUR/month (full time)
If you are ready to take this challenge your responsibilities will be:
- Ensure accounting and financial reporting (internal and external);
- Manage the process of budgeting, planning, forecasting, distribution, implementation, reporting and the control of overall budget, including environmental projects with international support;
- Set up internal control processes and procedures;
- Manage the core expenses and financial needs of the organization as well as cashflows and other assets;
- Organize external and internal audits and the implementation of recommendations;
- Contribute to planning and monitoring of fundraising efforts, particularly of larger projects, ensuring management of financial risks, co-financing and cost recovery;
- Supervise all administrative matters and the day-to-day running and administration of WWF-Slovakia;
- Ensure appropriate procurement operations, contractual agreements, services and other transactions;
- HR-related – supervise employment contracts, monitor of change in Labor Code, supervise payroll services;
- Participate in the management team and in decisions related to the operation of the organization;
- This is a creative position and it is a challenge for someone who is ready to accept individual responsibility and to take part in the development of a growing country office of an international NGO.
- The opportunity to make a difference – for nature in the Central and Eastern Europe region and for WWF;
- Challenging work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions;
- Friendly working atmosphere in an international context;
- Independent work style;
- Great learning environment;
- Home office;
- Further development;
- Company events;
- Company computer and phone;
- Extra days off.
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
Business Administration, Accounting and Finance or equivalent degrees.
Slovak - Proficiency (C2) and English - Upper intermediate (B2)
Experience in the position/sector
Finance and administration management
Number of years of experience
Personality requirements and skills
- Comprehensive professional knowledge in the field of accounting and reporting
- Excellent communication skills and ability to cooperate with internal and external stakeholders at various organizational levels.
- Experience in financial and administration management.
- Solid knowledge of local non-governmental and financial/accounting laws and rules;
- Experience in the creation, management and control of financial and administrative systems and budgets;
- Analytical skills and ability to think and plan strategically;
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relations and solve the problems;
- „Can do“ attitude
- Fluent written and verbal Slovak and English (English speaking environment);
- Working with or in non-governmental organization and projects would be an advantage
Information about the selection process
We look forward to hear from you. Please send us your CV and motivation letter in English to Soňa Okruhlicová, email@example.com no later than October 31, 2022. We will contact candidates who meet our requirements.
For more information about WWF-Slovakia, kindly check the website: https://slovakia.panda.org/